Saturday 3 September 2011

T-minus 13 and counting

With 13 days to finish my 50,000+ word PhD thesis which I've barely begun, several overdue projects that I need to finish up, and a huge production getting ready to commence I find this the perfect time to start a blog.

I've completely run out of money until Friday, but this is not new.  With 4 growing boys, a dismal job market, and a career in the arts, I've have had to get by on little and probably always will, at least until I find a way to exploit one of my children for tons of cash.  On reflection, with the exception of a greater-than-normal level of anxiety about making ends meet, I've been fortunate to be able to maintain a standard middle-class lifestyle on little and find great satisfaction in simplifying and making every cent count.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Justin! Hope the writing up goes smoothly, the caffeine flows and you continue to have eggs and oil for homemade mayo. (Can it be made without a food processor?) Take care, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi justin! i can totally relate... 'creative survival' and trying to make ends meet.. we have a new baby girl over here + my 2 stepdaughters. i love your blog, it's so much like our life too. maybe we can trade family frugality tips :) lynne mori, fellow saxon

    ReplyDelete
  3. justin, it's lisa from high school. hmm, trying to post this comment without using last names...so you might not be able to remember me. lynne (also from high school) just shared your blog with me. i love it. more please! i'm going to see if i can find you on facebook now.

    ReplyDelete